R-1 Visas For Religious Workers

At Barth Law Firm, P.S.C., we are experienced helping nonprofit religious organizations bring ministers or other religious workers into the U.S. The R-1 visa offers temporary nonimmigrant status to certain foreign nationals who:

  • Will be employed 20 hours a week or more by your nonprofit religious organization
  • Have dedicated their careers to fulfilling religious functions and duties
  • Have been members of your denomination for a minimum of two years

Whether your organization is a church, a mosque, a temple or another type of nonprofit religious entity, count on our Kentucky immigration lawyer to provide the knowledgeable and personalized legal counsel you require.

O-1A Visas For Individuals With Extraordinary Ability Or Achievement

Barth Law Firm, P.S.C., also represents businesses that want to hire someone with extraordinary ability and bring him or her to the U.S. Such ability or achievement may be in one of many fields, including the arts, sciences, business, athletics or education.

To obtain an O-1A visa for your proposed employee, you must provide evidence that:

  1. The individual has reached the highest level of accomplishment in his or her field. Such evidence can include internationally acclaimed awards, significant scholarly contributions, membership in elite associations that require stellar levels of achievement and other corroborating facts.
  2. A group of peers or an expert must provide an advisory opinion. This consultation letter should detail the individual's particular accomplishments and extraordinary qualifications.
  3. Your company must file the petition on the individual's behalf. Those who come to the U.S. on an O-1A visa are not allowed to seek such visas themselves.

To learn more about how our immigration attorney can be of assistance, call our Louisville office locally at 800-481-1336 or 502-429-9049 for a complimentary consultation. We are also available via email.